Tuesday, February 9, 2010

heyy, havent written in a while.. oops..
the weekend was wonderful!
On saturday (Sabado) I went into downtown Rome with my sister, my friend Silvia, and 2 of my sisters friends who were both very sweet
Then on Sunday (domenica) i went to a basketball game for gym class credit with some classmates, then we went to mcdonalds, then valentina and i went to euroma due, a mall... one of the only malls in italy.
it was nice and i bought a sweater..
this week.. well until wednesday.. is "alternative week" where upperclassmen teach the classes instead of teachers and they choose the subjects they want to teach..
it sounds fun, but its miserable. because theres only 2 classes a day, so each class is 3 hours. and its really hard to spend 3 hours in one class, especially when you don't understand anything they're talking about.
yesterday, after school, i went with Silvia and her 2 best friends to the beach and we ate pizza and talked and i took lots of photos. it was beautiful, but freeezing. then after i watched Silvia's beach volleyball match, she's quite good. She'd fit in perfectly in Santa Barbara.
Today, school was even more miserable.. I can't wait for these alternative lessons to be over. After school i came home and fell asleep and slept for 3 hours.. Then I went to my italian lesson/school , which was really hard because its taught onlyyyyy in italian since the students all speak different first languages.
Then I went to a class party at Lisa's house. Which was quite fun, and i got to play the piano there, which i was really really missing
Tomorrow, I won't be attending school, because these alternative lessons are pointless and you spend the whole time sitting there talking to your friends and doing nothing else and Federica is going to istambul with her class, so i wouldnt have a ride to school anyways.

The most annyoing thing so far is the bugs. Theres mosquitos everyyywhere. I don't see them, but people say the mosquitos here are really tiny. And i am COVERED in bites. i get at least 4 new ones each day. only on my face, neck, and hands because those are the only exposed parts. And i am THE ONLY ONE getting bitten. People tell me its because of my american blood, and that i have not yet become immune to the mosquitos here. Its horrible :(

anyways, ciao!

2 comments: