Wednesday, February 3, 2010

School is lovely!
its nice because when a teacher isn't here, instead of having a substitute, you just don't go to that class or if its in the middle of the day, then you just hang out with your friends. so on monday, school started an hour late because 1st period wasnt here. then yesterday school started 2 hours later because the art teacher wasnt here and thats 1st and 2nd on tuesday. and today we had 3 hours during the day where there was no teacher. but my classmates say its only easy right now because its the beginning of the quarter.
i'm taking 12 classes: art/art history, philosophy, history, religion, english, french, latin, biology, physics, math, italian, and gym
thankfully, i might be able to get out of latin since we don't have to take it in california. its suchhh a hard class and it almost put me to sleep on the first day.
the students are sooo incredibly nice. they're very friendly and affectionate, and go out of their way to make sure i understand what they're saying, plus they help translate things at school.

my family is so so nice. and they keep telling me that their home is my home, so thats nice :]
and my mom here took me to buy a phone. i got the cheapest one, so its very unattractive, but i guess that doesnt really matter since i'll just have it for a few months.

the scariest part of being here is sitting in the car. everyone is suchhh a scary driver here. people drive allll over the road and theres no lane dividers. they all go so fast and so swerving-ly. its like new york, only 10 times worse.

the food here is wonderful, but they serve you so much, and you don't really have the option to serve yourself. i can already feel myself gaining weight, and i'm sure i'll gain plenty more. The weirdest thing about food is the drinking part. My younger sister Federica, doesn't drink water. I've neverrr seen her drink water. I asked her if she liked it and she said no, she only likes Coke. Same with my mom. I make sure to drink at least 2 glasses of water with each meal.... along with the Coke and Fanta that they have, but i find it shocking that they don't even offer it.

Anyways, I'm off to enjoy more of my surroundings :]

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your having fun :)
    Does your cell phone only make calls?
    hahaa have fun working off all of that extra weight from the food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaa yeah i'm definitely having fun..
    i dont really know what my cell phone does or doesn't do... i still havent used it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terra! Wow. Your adventures sound incredible already. Your family sounds wonderful. How fortunate! And what a tremendous school schedule! How do you manage all of that in Italian???? I look forward to following your blog and living vicariously through you. Mikenna has a travel blog going too! I am so jealous! Enjoy, honey and take in every minute. You are creating lifelong memories for sure...
    Much love,
    Korey

    ReplyDelete